Texas' largest professional association for public school employees seeks an experienced Accounting Director that will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of ATPE's accounting staff. Responsibilities also include preparing and analyzing financial transactions and reports for ATPE.
The Accounting Director's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department and all department personnel functions.
- Prepare/review and approve State and Federal regulatory filing including monthly Texas Sales Tax & Use Report, IRS Form 1099-MISC, IRS Form 990 for regions and local units, EEPC 1120 and other tax reports as assigned.
- Proof budget sheets and prepare preliminary budget files; prepare or review journal entries; prepare quarterly Treasurer Report.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of database subsidiary ledgers to general ledger and for all bank accounts.
- Analyze data and prepare ad hoc reports as assigned.
- Responsible for the gathering of information for external auditors that conduct the annual financial audit.
- Prepare the annual department budget integrating department and organizational goals and programs; implement and monitor department projects, assignments and expenditures based on budget forecasts; and monitor actual versus forecasted budget with the assistance of the Finance Director.
The Accounting Director must hold a bachelor's in Accounting; CPA certification is required; ten years of accounting experience and 5-7 years of management experience is a must. Advanced Microsoft skills in Excel, Word and Outlook is required. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and Great Plains is preferred. Able to update and maintain accounting policies and procedures is a plus. Must be able to communicate effectively. We are looking for a team player who will embrace our core values of Service, Teamwork, Communication, Professionalism and Excellence.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a pleasant, team-oriented work environment. If you are interested in joining the best educators' association in Texas please send us your current resume with a cover letter that includes your salary requirements and available start date to firstname.lastname@example.org