ATPE values honesty. We want you to understand the superior protection your membership affords you. That’s why we think it is important to provide you with the details of your insurance policy. Not every organization is transparent about their policy, but we’re proud of the protection we offer. We think you deserve to know exactly what you’re getting for your membership.
View the details of your insurance policy.
Want to know how ATPE stacks up to the competition? See for yourself.
Compare ATPE to any other Texas educator group, and you’ll see that we come out on top in terms of benefits, protection, and resources. Plus, ATPE is a nonprofit professional association, and our dues dollars stay right here in Texas.
Insurance Policy Highlights Include:
- Up to $8 million per claim and aggregate in liability insurance, including a $2 million limit for civil rights claims plus defense costs
- Up to $20,000 aggregate for employment rights defense with a $10,000 per-claim limit, win or lose
- Additional $5,000 per claim for favorable-outcome certification and termination claims
- Up to $15,000 aggregate for criminal defense
- Up to $5,000 per claim for bail bond reimbursement
- Up to $10,000 aggregate for successful appeals beyond the school board or commissioner of education
In addition to the above insured benefits, ATPE’s staff attorneys are available to assist eligible members with professional concerns.
For assistance, members must call (800) 777-2873. For more information, visit atpe.org/protection.
Not a member? Join ATPE today to become part of the largest and most trusted educators’ group in Texas.