Posted On: March 21, 2017
Read the Newest Edition of ATPE News
The Spring 2017 edition of our award-winning magazine is now available online now.
In this issue:
- What the Texas legislature is doing to try to silence educators’ voices—and how YOU can stand up for your rights
- Can empathy be taught? Austin ISD’s social emotional learning program teaches emotional competency in the classroom.
- State Representative Diego Bernal on how to address Texas educators’ biggest concerns
- Quick calming activities for the classroom
- How Dan Rather hopes to improve education in Texas
- From TABS to STAAR: A history of standardized testing in Texas
- Chess is teaching Brownsville students valuable life lessons
- Everything you need to know to make the 2017 ATPE Summit a success
As always, you will also see what other ATPE local units have been up to and learn about ways the association is continuing its mission of making a difference in the lives Texas educators and students!
Our Brain Break this issue features a word find. Check your answers, and email your completed photo to email@example.com by April 10 for a chance to win an ATPE-branded prize!
© The Association of Texas Professional Educators (ATPE) 2020
All Rights Reserved
No part of this website or blog or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior written consent of the Association of Texas Professional Educators, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials. All requests for content sharing or dissemination may be forwarded to the Communications Director, ATPE at firstname.lastname@example.org