With educators throughout Texas adapting to a new normal and shifting to remote learning, ATPE has developed a distance learning library
with a collection of TEKS-aligned content and interactive tools to keep students engaged.
Whether your district is implementing online learning for grades or simply reinforcement, there is no doubt that keeping students’ skills sharp while they’re out of the classroom will be the key to success once they return to school.
Here’s a sneak peek of the resources we’ve rounded up:
- IXL: TEKS-aligned content covering grade-specific concepts from grades pre-K through 12.
- Elementari: Students bring stories to life using code, illustrations, and sounds. Suitable for all grade levels.
- Math Playground: Math games designed for grades 1–6.
- Mathigon: Interactive textbooks, animations, and videos geared toward grades 6–12.
- Mathway: Solves and explains math problems entered by the user. Includes solutions for algebra, calculus, trigonometry, and more.
- PhET: Interactive simulations for teaching math and science concepts.
- National Geographic MapMaker Interactive: Customize world maps to show data and tell stories. See examples here.
- KinderArt: Art, music, and drama resources.
- A Green Mouse: Spanish and French stories, videos, and activities for elementary school grades.
If you want to check out more ideas to integrate into your online classroom, check out this blog post
with more distance learning resources.
Visit the distance learning library here
. Be sure to check back frequently as we continue to update the page.
Do you have a suggestion for a resource to include? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and let us know!