Posted On: December 03, 2019
Read the Latest Edition of ATPE News
The Winter 2019 edition of our award-winning magazine is now available online
In this issue:
- Take a look at one of the latest issues facing Texas public schools—student vaping—and how campuses are dealing with it.
- Discover how a social and emotional learning curriculum has transformed teaching and learning in Copperas Cove ISD for ATPE member Marla Sullivan.
- Learn why classroom escape games are a breakout trend.
- Read about the one giant leap some ATPE members from Pharr-San Juan-Alamo ISD took this summer when they attended a NASA education program in Florida.
- ATPE member Kami Collins of Amarillo ISD presents five tips for managing a blended classroom.
- We share some insight into Kahoot! with our tech-focused column Learning Curve.
- ATPE Managing Attorney Paul Tapp discusses two student discipline bills passed during the most recent legislative session.
- ATPE Lobbyist Andrea Chevalier explains ways you can stay involved with education policy and politics between legislative sessions.
- ATPE partner It’s Time Texas offers three questions you should ask yourself about self-care.
- We offer a list of seven easy ways to tackle stress in our revamped Brain Break section.
As always, you will also learn how your association is continuing to support the largest community of educators dedicated to elevating public education in Texas.
The ATPE Marketing & Communications team publishes the
ATPE News magazine four times a year and is always looking for member-written content, thoughts, and ideas! Whether you instituted something innovative in your district or want to speak on the importance of a topic dear to your heart, we would love to hear from you. Email email@example.com.
© The Association of Texas Professional Educators (ATPE) 2019
All Rights Reserved
No part of this website or blog or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior written consent of the Association of Texas Professional Educators, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials. All requests for content sharing or dissemination may be forwarded to the Communications Director, ATPE at firstname.lastname@example.org