Posted On: April 11, 2019
The 2019 ATPE Summit Is Blasting Off to Houston
Join us for ATPE’s annual gathering on July 17–19, 2019, at the Marriott Marquis in Houston. We’ve got plenty of activities on the schedule to match the energy and excitement of the city!
Wednesday, July 17
- Say hello to professional development sessions. Earn up to three hours of continuing professional education (CPE) on Wednesday alone!
- Get a breakdown of the recent legislative session from your trusted ATPE lobby team.
- Join us for our welcome reception at the Marriott Marquis’s famous Texas-shaped lazy river. We’ll have drinks, appetizers, and entertainment!
Thursday, July 18
- Shape the future of your association by participating in the House of Delegates meeting! Delegates will elect the 2019-20 ATPE state officers, vote on important ATPE agenda items, and shape ATPE’s legislative priorities for the upcoming year. (Eligible for up to two hours of CPE.)
- Grab your boots and cowboy hats for a trip to the Old West! You won’t want to miss this rootin’-tootin’ evening at Discovery Green Park that includes a BBQ dinner, a live band, a best-western-dressed contest, gunslingers, a mechanical bull (waiver required), and MORE! Ticket fee of $25 per person for this event.
Friday, July 19
- Our last day is all about motivation, inspiration, and fun! We’ll start the day off right with a motivating keynote from a fellow Texas educator, Todd Nesloney. (Eligible for one hour of CPE.)
- Are you ready to become an ATPE volunteer rock star? After attending our training sessions, you’ll leave fully prepared to tackle the 2019-20 membership campaign.
- Celebrate with us as we honor the 2018-19 ATPE awards nominees and winners at our annual Awards Luncheon.
- To end summit on a homerun, we’re heading to a Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers baseball game—while also helping to raise funds for ATPE-PAC. Tickets are available for $75 each on a first-come, first-served basis (limited quantity available).
To attend summit, your local unit or region president must register you. To learn more about the 2019 ATPE Summit and find out how you can attend, visit atpesummit.org
. Housing and registration/delegate certification are open now and must be completed by June 17.
© The Association of Texas Professional Educators (ATPE) 2019
All Rights Reserved
No part of this website or blog or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior written consent of the Association of Texas Professional Educators, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials. All requests for content sharing or dissemination may be forwarded to the Communications Director, ATPE at email@example.com