If your employment status will be changing for the upcoming 2018-19 school year, you need to make sure that you renew your ATPE membership in the correct category. Not sure which category is right for you? Let us help!
Are you a 2017-18 college student member?
Are you a 2017-18 student teacher member?
- If you will be teaching in your own classroom in 2018-19, renew as a first-time professional member so that you have access to the insured benefits.
- If you will be substitute teaching, renew in the associate category to have access to the insured benefits.
Are you moving into an administrator role in 2018-19?
- If you will be employed as a principal, assistant/deputy/area superintendent, or superintendent for 2018-19, and if your position requires certification by the State Board for Educator Certification, renew in the administrator category so that you have access to the insured benefits.
- If you will be a vice principal, renew in the professional category to have access to the insured benefits.
Are you retiring at the end of 2017-18?
- If you are retiring at the end of 2018-19, continue your ATPE membership in 2018-19 by renewing in the retired category for only $10. (This is not an insured category).
- The retired category is not an insured category, so if you will be substituting, you need to renew in the associate category to have access to insured benefits.
Are you planning not to work in education in 2018-19?
Please contact the ATPE Membership Department at (800) 777-2873 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about which membership category you should join.
Join online today at atpe.org/join.