Posted On: March 08, 2016
The Association of Texas Professional Educators is the largest educator association in Texas and the leading voice for Texas public educators and public schools. With that standing comes the responsibility to protect what the leaders and members have built over more than three decades of leadership in education.
In 2014, ATPE’s governing body, the House of Delegates, directed the ATPE Board of Directors to create and implement new charter standards to help the association maintain its high level of professionalism and financial transparency. There are three documents that now guide how local units and regions conduct ATPE business.
- Sets out expectations for local unit and state office responsibilities
- Explains requirements for using ATPE name and logo
- Sets guidelines for establishing new local units
- Addresses required local unit bylaws
- Outlines best practices for electing officers, hosting meetings, and processing membership dues
- Sets out requirements for attendance at the annual ATPE Summit
- Lays out requirements for bank accounts and check signing
- Details IRS reporting requirements and annual reports
- Sets out best practices for budgets, bank account reconciliation reports, and treasurer’s reports
- Guarantees access to annual financial report for all ATPE members
Local units and regions are expected to follow the standards set out in these charter documents to ensure these ATPE resources support the organization’s mission, vision, and tenets while providing the high level of service, advocacy, and transparency that ATPE members have come to expect.
Together we can continue to be the leading voice of public education in Texas.
© The Association of Texas Professional Educators (ATPE) 2020
All Rights Reserved
No part of this website or blog or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior written consent of the Association of Texas Professional Educators, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials. All requests for content sharing or dissemination may be forwarded to the Communications Director, ATPE at firstname.lastname@example.org