ATPE is the leading educators’ association in Texas and the largest independent association for public school educators in the United States. As an ATPE member, you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits at no additional cost beyond the annual membership dues, plus belong to the largest community of educators in the state.
ATPE offers unmatched protection for Texas public educators.
Learn more about ATPE protection.
Up to $8 million in professional liability insurance coverage per insured member, per occurrence.* This coverage protects your personal assets in the event of a lawsuit and is subject to a $2 million limit per insured member per occurrence for violations of students’ civil rights.
Up to $10,000 per claim win or lose for employment rights defense coverage*, which can pay the costs of defense against specific claims—including dismissal and certification claims.
Protection that is provided by an insurance contract, not a defense fund. It’s noncancelable, predictable coverage you can count on.
In addition, easy and confidential access to ATPE’s legal team for help with employment-related legal concerns**—at no cost beyond membership dues. Attorneys may assist members in English or Spanish, during or after school hours.
ATPE lobbyists advocate for laws and regulations that will elevate public education in Texas and ensure educators have the tools and resources needed to inspire student success. Our advocacy program includes:
Learn more about ATPE advocacy
- Representation at the Texas State Capitol and state agencies by a professional team of lobbyists that includes former legislative staff members.
- Expert national-level representation on issues such as Social Security and the Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
- Nonpartisan collaboration with lawmakers and stakeholders to pass pro-education laws and stop harmful legislation.
- Exclusive focus on Texas public education with no outside interests.
- Vital information on education-related issues and legislation through regular publications and online resources such as TeachtheVote.org.
- Ongoing member training in effective political involvement, plus the option to attend the ATPE Summit, meet with lawmakers during our "ATPE at the Capitol" lobby day, and participate in ATPE-PAC, our nonpartisan political action committee.
No other organization supports Texas public school educators like ATPE. Our resources are reviewed and improved by members every year to make sure we’re giving educators what they need, including:
Learn more about ATPE resources
- 24/7 access to valuable continuing professional education (CPE) courses, plus a broad spectrum of information to foster your growth as an educator.
- The latest education news and trends via atpe.org, e-newsletters and the award-winning ATPE News magazine.
- Professional classroom materials and support.
ATPE members review our membership dues annually to ensure we are delivering affordable, high quality products and services. ATPE's membership dues provide excellent value. Consider:
- There is no need to pay national dues. 100 percent of your money stays right here in Texas, where you live and work.
- The annual cost of ATPE membership offers superior career protection for less than you’d pay for just one hour of an attorney’s time.
- A first-time professional membership costs less than a streaming service per month, yet provides all the benefits of a full-service association.
- Members enjoy exclusive discounts on products and services that educators use every day—with potential savings of more than $1,300 per year.
*THE EDUCATORS PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE POLICY IS UNDERWRITTEN BY NATIONAL UNION FIRE INSURANCE CO. OF PITTSBURGH, PA. ALL COVERAGE IS SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS TERMS OF THE MASTER INSURANCE POLICY ISSUED TO ATPE AND KEPT ON FILE AT THE ATPE STATE OFFICE. Coverage applies to an insured’s activities within his/her professional capacity and does not apply to activities that predate the coverage period. View insurance policy details here. Eligibility for ATPE membership benefits is contingent upon ATPE’s receipt of the entire annual membership dues amount for your appropriate membership category. A disruption in payments to an authorized payment plan may result in discontinuation of such benefits, including cancellation of insurance coverage for the entire membership year retroactive to Aug. 1 or your membership date. ATPE reserves the right to determine the appropriate membership category. The ATPE membership year is from Aug. 1 to July 31.
**The insured member services and staff attorneys’ assistance are offered through separate programs.