Posted On: September 10, 2019
Read the Latest Edition of ATPE News
The Fall 2019 edition of our award-winning magazine is now available online
In this issue:
- Explore one of the newest frontiers in classroom technology—virtual reality—and the role it plays in classroom learning.
- Get ready to say "aw" when you hear how ATPE members Alice and Andy Erdelt met in an elevator at the ATPE Summit and then fell in love.
- Learn about Texas Lesson Study, a program from the Texas Education Agency that offers teachers the opportunity to connect in small groups to reflect on and refine lesson plans.
- In Members Speak, ATPE member Anita Marquez-Hernandez of Weslaco ISD takes a look at homework overload and how it affects students and parents alike.
- Yen Huynh Rabe, an ATPE member in Houston ISD, discusses the issue of early school start times and its negative effects on adolescents.
- ATPE Managing Attorney Paul Tapp explains what HB 3's "pay raise" really means for educators.
- ATPE Senior Lobbyist Monty Exter explains how the passing of SB 12 gave TRS a much-needed boost.
As always, you will also learn about how your association is continuing its vision of supporting the largest community of educators dedicated to elevating public education in Texas.
This issue’s Brain Break features a maze. Check your answers
, and send your completed photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
by October 5 for a chance to win an ATPE-branded prize!
© The Association of Texas Professional Educators (ATPE) 2020
All Rights Reserved
No part of this website or blog or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior written consent of the Association of Texas Professional Educators, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials. All requests for content sharing or dissemination may be forwarded to the Communications Director, ATPE at email@example.com