Spring 2023 ATPE News is Now Online
Date Posted: 2/24/2023
Flip through the full digital edition of the Spring 2023 ATPE News magazine or click to specific articles below.
In this issue:
In this issue:
- The Texas Legislature is debating bills that will affect public education for years to come. Find out what tools you can use to ensure lawmakers pass legislation that benefits your students and your profession.
- As the application process for the next Leadership ATPE cohort opens, we caught up with Leadership ATPE alumni to learn where this professional learning experience has taken them in the association and beyond.
- The Books Beginning at Birth program provides Texas families with children up to 4 years of age free access to print and digital books to support the development of early literacy skills and foster a love of reading in young children. Learn how you can help!
- Embark on new ATPE adventures during the 2023 ATPE Summit at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions in Round Rock. This is a summertime safari like no other.
- Remembering Past State President Sam Spurlock.
- In “Your Voice,” we explore the state and federal policy issues that impact your Teacher Retirement System (TRS) of Texas annuity and Social Security benefits.
- In “Your Ally,” we prepare you for a successful evaluation and provide practical advice on what to expect and how to deal with unforeseen evaluation results.
- Meet LaMarcus Wallace, transportation facilitator, treasurer for Nacogdoches ATPE, and ATPE’s 2021-22 Campus Rep of the Year for local units with 201–500 members, in our “Volunteer Spotlight.”