Standing and Special Committees
Get involved in shaping ATPE’s future
Any member can volunteer to serve on an ATPE standing or special committee. These committees meet annually to offer input on member services, prepare business for the ATPE House of Delegates, recommend legislative positions, and select award recipients.
The ATPE state president recommends members to serve on state committees each summer, and the ATPE Board of Directors reviews those recommendations at its first quarterly meeting of the membership year.
Read the HOD's standing resolutions.
- Leader Development—Members meet in the fall to review and make recommendations regarding association programs related to the identification, recruitment, training, maintenance, and recognition of ATPE's volunteer leader corps.
- Legislative—Twenty members (one per region) meet in the spring to review the ATPE Legislative Program and to propose positions to present to the Texas Legislature, U.S. Congress, boards and agencies.
- Membership—Twenty members (one per region) meet in the fall to discuss and review ATPE’s membership recruitment program and materials.
- Nomination/Election—Seven members meet in the fall to review the election rules and receive nominations for state office. They assist with the verification of delegates and the state officer election at the ATPE Summit.
- Public Information—Seven members meet in the spring to review ATPE’s publications, website and online presence, and media coverage. The committee also reviews the finalists for the Alafair Hammett Media Award and recommends winners.
- Resolutions—Nine members meet in the spring to review and propose resolutions to be considered by the House of Delegates.
- Educator of the Year (EOY)—Seven members review applications for the EOY awards. They meet virtually to interview finalists and select recipients.
- Leader of the Year—Seven members score applications for Local Unit of the Year and the Doug Rogers Campus Representative of the Year Award. They interview finalists and select winners virtually.
2021-22 ATPE State Committee Service Information Form
Please note: Only currently active members can serve on an ATPE committee. Find more details about each committee here, and click here to fill out the 2021-22 Committee Volunteer Service Form.