Posted On: November 19, 2020
Check Out ATPE’s Parent-Teacher Toolkit
As COVID-19 continues to impact public education, ATPE has developed a toolkit to help parents and teachers better collaborate during periods of virtual learning and instructional disruptions.
The Parent-Teacher Toolkit features a wealth of resources and videos developed in partnership with trusted stakeholders in the public ed community:
- Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented (TAGT)
- Science Teachers Association of Texas (STAT)
- Texas PTA
- Texas Council of Administrators of Special Education (TCASE)
- It’s Time Texas
Here’s a sneak peek at the resources our toolkit offers:
- Back-to-School Decision Tree: Considerations for parents as they weigh options for their children’s educational environment during the pandemic.
- Distance Learning Library: Resources for educators implementing a hybrid or remote instructional model. Each section includes grade-level specifications for content where applicable.
- Parent-Teacher Conversations: A three-video series covering home schooling, giving each other grace, and serving special populations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- How to Stay Healthy: A discussion about the challenges posed by COVID-19 as the cold/flu season approaches and how the public school community can stay healthy both physically and mentally.
Find more resources on the Parent-Teacher Toolkit, and be sure to check back frequently as we add more helpful links and videos.
© The Association of Texas Professional Educators (ATPE) 2021
All Rights Reserved
No part of this website or blog or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior written consent of the Association of Texas Professional Educators, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials. All requests for content sharing or dissemination may be forwarded to the Communications Director, ATPE at email@example.com