Learn more about ATPE
ATPE’s archived webinars feature a wealth of association knowledge, from the history of ATPE to the many resources available to members free of charge. Find a list of our archived webinars at http://atpe.peachnewmedia.com/store/provider/provider09.php.
Included in the archive are:
- The History of ATPE: Who Are We, and Why Are We Here?
- You ARE the Expert: Getting Results at the Texas Legislature
- ATPE Services and Discounts
- Help for the novice teacher
- ATPE Advocacy
Participate in the ATPE/TAGT webinar
Don’t miss an exciting opportunity to participate in training that will enhance your work with gifted and advanced students!
ATPE and TAGT are collaborating to deliver part of the Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented (TAGT) Professional Development Conference directly to you through a free webinar conducted by conference presenter Ian Byrd. ATPE and TAGT members have the opportunity to participate in “Using Social Media and New Technology to Enhance Learning for Gifted and Advanced Students,” a webinar to be held at 4:30 p.m. Dec. 1. Attendees will receive one hour of gifted and talented (G/T) continuing professional education (CPE) credit in Creativity and Instructional Strategies, which counts toward an educator’s annual G/T certification update. Click here to register now!
Check your membership information
Is all of your contact information correct in the database at the state office? Do you need to add a home email address or update your campus? Check your information here. Please note: You’ll need to log in to view and edit this information. If you haven’t logged in previously and created a unique password or Login ID, your ID is your membership number (located on the front of your membership card), and your password is the last four digits of your Social Security number.
Grab the opportunity to view these free technology webinars
ATPE’s collaboration with the Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA) continues with more free webinars:
- Nov. 30, 2011—Podcasting for the Millennial Learner
- Dec. 14, 2011—Apps for Special Needs Students
- Jan. 18, 2012—Enhancing Literacy with eBooks and eReaders
- Feb. 29, 2012—Gaming in Education
- March 7, 2012—Safe Social Networking for Students
- April 11, 2012—Web 2.0 Tools for Everyone
- May 23, 2012—Apps for Elementary Students
- June 20, 2012—Scratch Your Students’ Itch for Robotics!
ATPE members can find more information and register for any of the webinars by visiting www.atpe.org/Resources/ProfessionalDevelopment/index.asp.
Follow ATPE on Twitter and Facebook
Are you connected? “Like” ATPE on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OfficialATPE and follow along on Twitter at www.twitter.com/OfficialATPE to receive frequent updates on ATPE and interesting education news.