Other Useful Links
ATPE’s state office is located in Austin, Texas. The ATPE staff works diligently to serve our membership by providing services that support the freedom to teach. ATPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workplace. ATPE generously provides the following benefits for its employees:
Employer-paid Medical, Dental, LTD, Life and AD&D
Generous Paid Time Off package
Seven paid holidays plus ten paid winter holidays
401K with up to an 8 percent match
Section 125 (Cafeteria plan) with Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement
Casual attire on Fridays
Current Employment Opportunities
To apply for the open position(s) listed below please submit a cover letter with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fax your materials to (512) 323-5332 or mail them to 305 E. Huntland Drive, Ste. 300, Austin, TX 78752.
Professional Learning Specialist
Statewide association for public school employees seeks an experienced Professional Learning Specialist to provide support for professional learning programs for our members. The Professional Learning Specialist is a spokesperson, promoter and advocate for professional learning programs and priorities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with the day-to-day responsibilities of the department manager by providing clerical and administrative support for meetings and projects (including off site meetings) and is first in line to receive and answer calls about our professional learning programs.
- Provides administrative support and assistance to fulfill professional learning events.
- Provides support for the resources section of the website and all online programs related to professional learning. Maintains and updates content on all program-specific sites.
- Coordinates several professional learning programs including fulfillment of the advertising/promotion campaign dates, recruiting and communicating with volunteers for portions of the programs and the creation and online posting of related documents.
- Responsible for assigned research projects and data compilation.
- Maintains effective relationships with and among staff at all levels of the association, and a good working knowledge of general association issues to be able to provide excellent assistance to members and staff upon request.
The position requires an organized, detail-oriented and motivated self-starter who multitasks, meets tight deadlines and builds strong, effective work relationships. The ideal candidate has strong written and oral communication skills and is comfortable doing presentations. Additionally the position requires some travel; proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook; Bachelor’s degree with some education related course work preferred ; and, 3 years administrative experience. Our association offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefit package and a pleasant work environment. To apply submit a cover letter with resume & salary requirements to email@example.com or fax to 512-323-5332 or mail to 305 E. Huntland Drive, Ste. 300, Austin, TX 78752. EOE